Be an exchange student in Brazil. AIUSA provides amazing experiences that will change your life forever!
Study abroad in Brazil, famous for the Amazon river and jungle, Samba dancing, and soccer stars.
Why study in Brazil?
The Amazon, the Rio Carnival, the football, food, and friendly people – what’s not to love about Brazil? With a population of 207 million, Brazil is the largest country in South America. It’s famous for its sandy beaches, stunning rainforests, diverse wildlife, and vibrant cities. Studying in Brazil is a unique and amazing opportunity to learn Portuguese and soak up South American culture.
AIUSA is dedicated to providing educational and memorable exchanges for young people wishing to visit Brazil, and for Brazilians willing to study abroad. With over 30 years of professional experience, AIUSA is an expert in the field of international education and cultural exchanges. AIUSA is proud in taking a personal and caring approach to our work with everyone involved in our program.
AIUSA Inbound Programs
AIUSA welcomes exchange students to experience life in Brazil, a country well known by its friendly people and natural beauty.
- High School Program – Living with a carefully selected host family and attending a high school, the student will have the chance to learn about the rich Brazilian culture and learn Portuguese while gaining invaluable life experience. We offer Trimester (3 months), Semester (5 months) and Year Programs (10 months).
- Short Homestay Programs – This program provides students a great chance to experience "real Brazil" and learn or improve their Portuguese language skills. They achieve this by studying Portuguese, staying with our carefully selected host families, and participating in various cultural activities. This program may last 4, 6. 8, or 12 weeks, starting in any month of the year.
There is no language requirement for students coming to Brazil on all AIUSA programs.
Trips in Brazil – Students coming to Brazil on our Inbound Programs may take many Trips in Brazil, Argentina and Peru. All trips during the program are not included in the program price. The trips take place in different months of the year.
Trips to: Pantanal & Bonito, Brazilian Northeast (many beaches), Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Iguassu Falls, South of Brasil, Amazon Expedition, Machu Picchu (Peru), Buenos Aires (Argentina).
1. High School Program
AIUSA offers the possibility of attending a Brazilian High School and living with a Brazilian family for 5 or 10 months.
Homestays are provided with selected host families. Incoming students live in a Brazilian home as a member of the family participating in family activities, sharing their daily life and all types of experiences with their host family.
Every student is supervised by Area Reps who offer individual and personal attention. Students and their host families are supported by local coordinators, trained field staff responsible for the program in their assigned areas.
The student can choose to study in Brazil for one trimester, one semester or one academic year. The student will be placed in a Brazilian city. Students are not placed in rural areas.
High School Program services include:
– Comprehensive medical and accident insurance for the duration of the program;
– Supplemental school costs including books, uniform (when required), writing materials, and commuting costs, if any, to and from school;
– Roundtrip international and domestic transportation for students;
– The student’s personal expenses such as spending money, long distance telephone calls, stamps, entertainment, any personal travel, visa fees, tariffs, and excess baggage costs.
High School Program Age Range:
15 to 18 years old on departure date. Older students can be considered on a case to case basis.
Dates of Operations:
From January 25-31 to July 05
From July 25-31 to January 05 (following year)
Academic Year Programs:
From July 25-31 to July 05 (following year
From January 25-31 to January 05 (following year)
2. Short Homestay Program
The short-term homestay is a Vacation Program that gives exchange students the opportunity to live with a Brazilian family for 4, 6, 8 or 12 weeks, during any time of the year, while gaining first-hand knowledge of Brazilian culture and the Portuguese language. Although the days are unstructured, students will have an intensive 10 hour Portuguese Language Class included in this program. Students accompany their host families on all outings and are assisted in planning individual itineraries to meet their particular interests. Student must come to Brazil with their own insurance that will protect him/her while in Brazil. Applications including photos and “Dear Host Family” letter must be in our office at least 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Short Homestay Program services include
15 to 20 years old on departure date. Older students can be considered on a case to case basis.
Dates of Operations: Any month of the year.
Please contact us to have further information about our Inbound Programs.